There are times when you visit a restaurant, have drinks, have food and come back. Nothing out of the blue happens. But there are times when you visit a restaurant and something about the experience makes you want to visit back again and again. This is what LOTD did to me. I loved the place. Period. They has a check on every item on the list and I was astonished. Lovely atmosphere, bang in the center of Whitefield, near to office space, huge collection of drinks, amazing chef who makes food with passion, caring servers, you name it – you got it.
As I have always mentioned, if a restaurant is not providing something extra in their experience then why would someone from location A travel 20 km to location B to have the same drinks, same food and same experience? But with LOTD, I know people travelling from other part of the city will also be surprised and happy with the deal they get – which is exactly what LOTD aims for.
Lord of the drinks and more!
Lord of the Drinks (LOTD) is not a place one should hang out for just the drinks! To my surprise, the food was equally good if not better. Generally, if you visit the pub/bar concept restaurants, they tend to focus too much on drinks leaving a craving for quality food. But that was not the case at LOTD, which was quite surprising for me. But I loved it. Even the service staff, the managers and the chef made sure everyone was taken care across the restaurant and cater to their every need no matter what.
What we ordered?
- Lord of Berries ( Whiskey, raspberry, blueberry and strawberry, topped with lemonade) – loved this combination, this is one of the few ‘pink’ drink I love!
- Highway to Hell (Vodka, gin, rum, tequila, lychee crush, lime juice and red wine) – This was a long island ice tea with different ingredients – basically all you taste is the lychee flavour but it had a punch!
- Mushroom and Cream rolls (Stuffed with Philadelphia and wild mushroom) – the ones we got were little under fried but the stuffing was mind blowing!
- Crystal Vegetable Dumplings – I loved this particular dish – its the same you get any where but the proportions were perfect!
- Philadelphia Avocado and Cucumber Roll – To my surprise, liked it – saying this being not a big fan of sushi!
- Black Makhani and Paneer Makhani served with lachcha parathas – the run of them mill good old dal and paneer – but it was great to see a pub/bar acing in making these staples!
- Tofu Katsu Curry – New dish – fish curry for vegetarians is exactly how I would describe it – amazing flavours and aroma.
- Classic Red Velvet with Machron – looked dull but to our surprise was incredible!
- Slutty Snickers Chocolate Dome – The name says it all – chocolate love!
Location – Located in Phoenix Mall – the heart of food for Whitefield, Bengaluru. There is availability of mall parking which makes it easier. The people watching is amazing and after a great day of shopping – probably the right food option!
Ambiance – The interiors are carefully done with a chic and modern look which goes well with the kind of food they serve. It’s a multilevel restaurant with place to sit both inside and outside. An option for everyone. The bar counter is amazing as well!
Staff – The staff tried their best to make every order fulfil in time. Service was top notch.
Food – The food was awesome. I can’t complaint here. Every dish had a unique twist to it. This makes the restaurant stand out from the other options available.
Drinks – Huge collection and variety. The bar tenders are more than capable to handle a large crowd without compromising the quality. They do have some new drinks on the menu which everyone would be head over heels for.
Value for Money – Little on the higher side. But considering the experience, I would definitely call the place a value for money. No issues here.
What’s good? Everything we tasted! Hands down!
What’s bad? Personally. nothing at all.